Walking With God Through Change

     I don't like change.  I prefer a predictable routine, where I have a few simple comforts I can count on.  I don't enjoy uncertainty.  Unfortunately, right now I'm going through a period of monumental changes.  I'm entering adulthood, preparing to get a job and go to college.  The unknown future often seems overwhelming.

     However, God is helping me to prepare for these adjustments.  He has revealed several ideas to me that have helped me gain some peace about my future.

     1. Even if my situation changes, God will not change.  There will always be someone to comfort and guide me, a solid place to set my feet.

     2. With God, every situation I face will be bearable.  Even if the changes I face will bring horrible results, I can find joy as long as God is with me.  A bad situation lived with God is infinitely better than a good situation lived without him.

     3. God will bring new good into my life through the change.  Even though giving up the good things I have in the present is hard, I can trust that, because God is good, he will bring new good into my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a Name?

Following the Divine Pattern